Alzheimer’s and Dementia
For people suffering from chronic illness, dementia or disease, Patterson Place can provide home health care services that make life easier, and reduce stress. By providing home care to your loved ones, we help minimize the pressures you may face incorporating their care with your own work and family obligations.
Our home care services are designed to maximize independence, keep you or a loved one safe and support in-home daily living activities. Our home care services are available 24/7.
We create care plans for the following conditions:
- Pulmonary lung disease (COPD)
- Heart Disease (CHF)
- Diabetes (type I and II)
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Hearing and/or vision impairment
- Brain injury
- Mental health and psychiatric disorders
- Hospice/Palliative care support
In-home services include:
- Medication reminders
- To make transferring easier, i.e. getting in and out of bed, wheelchair transfer, toileting, ambulation (walking) etc.
- Home assessments to evaluate the safety of your home.
- Encourage and monitor fluid and food intake.
- Establish new routines and/or continuity of daily routines and schedules.
- Incorporate healthy foods into daily diets.
- Encourage exercise (Range of Motion) within the limitations of your loved one.
- Teach you to recognize symptoms that need immediate medical attention.
- Assistance with recreational activities.
- Provide companionship and support, reading and conversation for cognitive stimulation.
- Client teaching of care planned activities of daily living.